Loading...

Eden Hazard named PFA player of the year

Chelsea Eden Hazard was on sunday, named the PFA player of the year for the first time since signing from Lille for a fee of £32M in 2012. H...

Chelsea Eden Hazard was on sunday, named the PFA player of the year for the first time since signing from Lille for a fee of £32M in 2012.

Hazard who has been in blistering form for chelsea over the course of the season, has built on last seasons achievement where he came second to former Liverpool forward Luis Suarez, and won the young player award.

Hazard form has been key to chelsea being top of the table, after he has shown a greater level of consistency and individual brilliance over the season. A form which has seen him racked up more assist and goal.

The fact that he is being foul so many times, and yet care less, is something that's breath taking. To be precise, he's the most fouled player across europe.

Receiving the prestigious award on sunday night, Hazard spoke of his delight of winning this years award after beating competition from Tottenham Harry Kane who came second and Man united David De Gea who came third.

Hazard said "I'm very happy," "One day I want to be the best and what I did this season is play very well, Chelsea played very well. I don't know if I deserve to win
but it is good for me.

"It is good, it is better to be voted by the
players – they know everything about
football. This is good. I'm very happy."

Hazard who's manager has been heaping praise on him over the course of the season, calling him a Fantastic and Golden boy, has been key to chelsea attack this season.

"I continue like I did last season – I try to be the same," added Hazard. "I try to score more goals than last season [where he had scored 17]. Personally I have played a good season, I have been there in the big games and I scored a lot of important goals, this is why I'm better this season.

"Jose [Mourinho] lets me play, we talk together sometimes and when I'm on the
pitch I know what I have to do – this is most important. We are almost there to
win the league."

It wasn't only Hazard night to celebrate. As Tottenham's Harry Kane won the young player of the year after scoring a sum total of 31  goals in all competition for both club and country. Kane's first season in the english football top flight, has seen him scored 20 premier league goals, and one goal in his international debut. Said his season so far has been unreal.

In the women category, chelsea's South Korean Ji So-yun made it a clean sweep for chelsea. After being named the womens PFA player of the year.

Arsenal 18 year old midfielder Leah Williamson, won the womens young player of the year.
They was also awards for two premier league long serving servants who'll be living for the MLS this summer in the persons of Frank Lampard and Stephen Gerrard











Sports 6132564770678860361

Post a Comment

All News, videos, and photos shared here are products of our verified information by our admins. Phgistblog does not take copyright claims for any material on this blog unless stated.

Phgistblog can not be held for comments and suggestions made by users. Be careful don’t give out personal informations to anybody.

emo-but-icon

Home item

Social Share

Trending Posts

Random Posts

Are you on instagram? You need to Instagram