Loading...

I have been declaring my assets since 1975, and i have declared it four times. - Muhammadu Buhari

The  President, on Monday in Accra Ghana, challenged journalist who feel that he has not fully declared his assets, to investigate the detai...

The  President, on Monday in Accra Ghana, challenged journalist who feel that he has not fully declared his assets, to investigate the details of all his properties in a lawful way. He also said he has been declaring his assets since 1975, and during that period, he has declared his assets four times.

“I recall that in 1975 when late Murtala Mohammed became the Head of State, we were lined up in the corridor – governors, ministers,
members of the Supreme Military Council – and officials of the Ministry of Justice were brought and every individual was made to declare his assets.

“So right now, all heads of state and government, governors, ministers, permanent secretaries will have to declare their assets because it is a
constitutional requirement.” Buhari said.

He said assets declaration, is a constitutional requirement for Civil - Servants, to publicly declare their assets.

“In Nigeria, it is a constitutional issue
and that is why I am blaming you gentlemen of the press. If you really want to do investigative journalism, you don’t have to worry me at this
stage; I have declared my assets four times.

“When I was governor in 1975, I declared. After being Minister of Petroleum and as a member of
Supreme Military Council, I declared. When I was Head of State and now as a President, I also declared.

“I have declared my assets and all that I have four times, and you (the press) have the right to go and demand for my declaration. Instead, I am being harassed.” He added

Latest News Update 6056132260905671787

Post a Comment

All News, videos, and photos shared here are products of our verified information by our admins. Phgistblog does not take copyright claims for any material on this blog unless stated.

Phgistblog can not be held for comments and suggestions made by users. Be careful don’t give out personal informations to anybody.

emo-but-icon

Home item

Social Share

Trending Posts

Random Posts

Are you on instagram? You need to Instagram