Loading...

Everton Made Who I Am Today_Yobo Joseph

41years old   Super Eagles assistance coach said   that   what   he   is   today   is   all   because   of   Eveeton The former ...

41years old Super Eagles assistance coach said that what he is today is all because of Eveeton

The former Super Eagles of Nigeria captain initially joined Everton on a season from Marseille and the deal was later made permanent at the end of the 2002-03 season.

Speaking to Everton website, Yobo said:
“Leaving Everton was a sad and painful moment,” 
“But I was driven by me being me."

“It wasn’t about Everton, it was about how I was built. After a couple of games, I couldn’t believe how much I liked it. I loved Everton so much, it was like a marriage.

“But I went to Fenerbahce and won medals. When you finish your career… you want medals to show your children.

“Everton showed me to the world, they made me Joseph Yobo.”

He also revealed how everyone at Everton stood by him in his difficult period when his brother was kidnapped in River State in July 2008.

“It was a terrible moment and affected me a lot. I came home [to Rivers State] and the kidnappers called me asking for a ransom. They said they didn’t know he was my brother, at first. It is like a chain, people coming together, they didn’t know how to break it when they realised.

“Every day they made sure I spoke to my brother and that gave me hope that nothing bad was going to happen.

"My teammates rallied around and the club was completely behind me. The Chairman and the gaffer were regularly on the phone. That is why my love for Everton is immeasurable.”

Also speaking about his current position as the assistant coach of Nigeria Super Eagles, Yobo said:
“National team head coach is one of the biggest jobs in Nigeria,” 

“It would be a privilege and honour if, someday, I could be in that position. If I didn’t think about it that way, why start? I had that conversation [with the country’s FA]… now I have to understudy to learn.”

Post a Comment

All News, videos, and photos shared here are products of our verified information by our admins. Phgistblog does not take copyright claims for any material on this blog unless stated.

Phgistblog can not be held for comments and suggestions made by users. Be careful don’t give out personal informations to anybody.

emo-but-icon

Home item

Social Share

Trending Posts

Random Posts

Are you on instagram? You need to Instagram